SPT - Emerging Products Engineer
- Champion new mechatronic product launches through the industrialization phase to the point of sale.
- Provide feedback to the Product Development, Product Manager, and Business teams to improve the product launch and early sales support process.
- Mentor and train the sales teams to accurately specify, quote, and support new product sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include
- Lead the sustaining engineering handoff and launch process for new and emerging products; data communication systems, inductive power transfer systems, smart products, and energy storage solutions.
- Provide application and sales support for mechatronic products; embedded electronic systems, automated equipment.
- Guide the product development process by providing direct feedback to the Product Development, Product Management, and Operations teams.
- Prepare training materials to support new and emerging products.
- Provide training to the inside and outsides sales staff, manufacturing, and field service teams enabling them to appropriately specify, quote, and service new products,
- Propose new technologies or concepts for research activities to investigate potential new products and solutions.
- Travel to customer beta sites to install, support, and test new products directly with customers. Gather customer feedback to improve the product and selling process.
- Support manufacturing, procurement, and operations launch new products; identify and suggest proper manufacturing methods, and appropriate vendors for new materials. Champion the product launch process throughout the organization.
- Complete documentation, test reports, and records in accordance with current ISO standards.
- Coordinate development activities with the Director of Engineering, Engineering Supervisors, and Product Management.
- Limited travel to collect data from customer installations and gather customer feedback
- Upholds Core Values.
This role has no direct supervisory responsibilities. An individual in this role is expected to provide feedback to the Engineering, Product Management, and Operations teams to improve new and emerging product support.
Qualified candidates will possess the following
- B.S. in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or related field; or equivalent education and experience.
- 3 – 5 years of experience designing, developing, and launching new products for an organizations new and existing markets.
- Substantial knowledge of mechanical and electrical concepts with a solid understanding of mechanical and electrical product design, and best practices.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical validation testing, data acquisition tools, and post-processing activities for in-field test support.
Strong written and oral communication skills, the ability to interface with customers and sales teams to provide training and application support.